CHILDREN’S MINISTRIES: Newborns through the 5th grade
LEARN in a safe, caring and supportive environment.
HEAR the great stories of God’s people.
APPLY Bible lessons to everyday situations.
DEVELOP a strong faith foundation
CREATE beauty through music, art, drama and earth ministries.
SHOW the love of Jesus Christ to others through prayer, words, actions and service.
GATHER together for fun and fellowship.
Our dedicated Christian Education Team provides a variety of programs that help children build a strong foundation of faith.
Our SUMMER “SYNERGY” WORSHIP begins on May 28th, 9:30 to 10:30 a.m.
The children are invited to spend the first 15 minutes of the worship service in church with their families. After “Children’s Time” with the pastor we have several opportunities for kids…
- Infants and pre-school age children can play in the nursery.
- Children in pre-kindergarten through the 3rd grade can participate in a multi-age Sunday school class.
- Students who are going into the 4th grade (and older) will remain in worship with their families. If desired, they can choose activities from the “KIDS’ TABLE”. (see below)
- On the last Sunday of the month, beginning in June, there will be special outdoor activities for children in pre-kindergarten through the 5th grade.
During the school year we have two services, 9:00 and 10:30 a.m.
Nursery: We lovingly welcome and care for our youngest children in the nursery where they can enjoy toys, music and activities. (9:00 service: newborns – age 2, 10:30 service: newborns – pre-K).
Sunday School: At the 9:00 hour children (ages 2 or 3 through the 5th grade) attend the first 15 minutes of the worship service with their families before joining their teachers and friends in Sunday school.
Joy School: At the 10:30 hour children go directly to Joy School, their multi-age Sunday school program (kindergarten through 5th grade). After their Sunday school lesson the children gather for Joy Singers (see below).
We love having children participate in the worship service. There, they can learn about God and Jesus through singing and praying, listening to special music and joining our pastor during Children’s Time. Some children also learn by quietly doing activities during the service. If so, they may wish to stop by “THE KIDS’ TABLE” near the sanctuary door before the worship service begins. There, they will find crayons and clipboards to complete activities from our weekly Children’s Bulletins. There are also coloring pages with Bible verses and blank pieces of paper for creating their own pictures. And, for the youngest of children, we have colorful board-books.
In addition to Sunday school, the children have other opportunities for fun, fellowship and service to our church community.
- Joy Singers (K-5th grade): Joy Singers is a terrific way for children to grow in their musical skills. They also have the opportunity to share the “musical” message of God’s love with our congregation during worship services. Rehearsals are on Sundays during the 10:30 a.m. service. Questions? Please contact Lori McEwen at (425) 255-4527.
- Acolytes (3rd-6th grade): Acolytes have the special responsibility of “bringing the light and love of Christ” into the sanctuary.
For more information about our Children’s Ministries, please see the Epistle or check the calendar of events.
Joyful Hearts Preschool
Joyful Hearts Preschool, as a ministry of Fairwood Community United Methodist Church, believes in providing a quality preschool program, built on the principles of God’s love, for all children in the community. Joyful Hearts believes in caring for the whole child and creating a nurturing environment that celebrates each child as a unique individual. Joyful Hearts believes in open doors and accepts all families with children between the ages of 3-5. For additional information, please contact our Preschool Director, Erin Williams.